Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Quick crafty Christmas gifts


I'm hoping to write a full blog post about these (or just improve this one) but I wanted to get this up while you still had a little time to make them.

Christmas has been rushed for me this year. Between moving and a partial kitchen remodel, I've been feeling behind the eight ball. So when it came time to think about gifts for all of those helpful people in our lives - teachers, bus drivers, friends, etc - I needed something simple and cute. And did I mention simple? I considered kiss balls (you know... gluing Hershey's kisses to an ornament ball?) but I'm not 100% sure where my glue gun is so that was anxiety inducing. Then I found these cute little Santa jars on Pinterest and thought, "I can do that!" The buckles were supposedly available "inexpensively at your local craft store in the sewing notions department". The closest I found were vest buckles at $2 per pair so I bought the last 2 packages the they had but I'll be using silver pipe cleaners in the future. Did I mention I've got 18 of these to make?

So anyway, I used small jelly jars because that's what I had and 5 miniature kit-kats, 5 Hershey's kisses and 5 dove dark promises later, I've got a cutie gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment